TERMS AND CONDITIONS
*Please review the following Terms and Conditions prior to registering to bid for our auctions*
DISCLAIMER: Northgate Gallery, Inc. reserves the right to refuse individual admission and participation in our auctions, to reject bids at any time, and to withdraw any Lot from our auction at any time. The terms of this agreement may be modified without notice.
- By registering to bid in this auction, whether in person, on the internet, or with an absentee bid, the purchaser or bidder agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- All items are sold AS IS, WHERE IS with all faults. Northgate Gallery, Inc., for itself and as agent for the seller, makes no warranties or representations of any kind with respect to any Lot. All items are available for examination prior to bidding. A preview will be held the week prior to the auction at our location in Chattanooga (5520 Highway 153, Hixson, TN 37343). Any bid signifies the buyer has examined the items as fully as desired, chosen not to examine them, or have hired an independent agent to examine the items on their behalf. In no event shall Northgate Gallery, Inc. be held responsible or liable for the correctness, description, genuineness, authorship, attribution, provenance, period, source, origin, value, or condition of any Lot.
- Condition and description of each Lot are based on opinion and provided for guidance only, without legal obligation. Photos are provided as additional proof of condition. The absence of any reference to condition of a Lot does not imply that the Lot is in perfect condition or free of imperfections.
BIDDING - INTERNET/ABSENTEE/PHONE
All internet bidders will require registration and pre-approval. There are no guarantees of successful registration, especially for those bidders attempting to register within 48 hours of the sale. Northgate Gallery, Inc. does not warrant that the Internet auction platform(s) will be uninterrupted or error free, nor do they make any warranty with respect to the results obtained from participating in the use of the Internet auction platform, or as to the accuracy, reliability or content of any information, service or offerings through the Internet auction platform. Absentee bids should be submitted on the absentee bid form provided on our website. This form should be clearly and completely filled out and accompanied by a valid credit card. The credit card is used for identification purposes and you are not required to use the card provided to complete the purchase. However, if you do not complete the purchase within our required payment terms (see below), Northgate Gallery, Inc. reserves the right to charge the credit card provided for your purchase(s) and shipping cost if applicable. Absentee bids are executed competitively and confidentially. In the event of a tied bid between absentee bidders, the first received will be honored. Phone bidders will be required to complete a phone and absentee bid form. Those with a properly executed form will be called just prior to the Lot(s) of interest. Please make sure the phone number provided will be open during the auction. Northgate Gallery, Inc. will not be responsible for any errors or failures to properly execute absentee or telephone bids.
- Auctioneer reserves the right to accept or reject bids in any increment that the auctioneer deems to be in the best interest of the client, the seller. See below for our general guidelines for bidding increments. Absentee bids which do not adhere to these guidelines will be rounded to the lowest acceptable increment
- $0 - $100 = $10 increments
- $100 - $500 = $25 increments
- $500 - $1000 = $50 increments
- $1000 - $5000 = $100 increments
- $5000 - $10000 = $250 increments
- $10000 and Up = $500 increments
- Auctioneer will be the final judge as to who is the successful bidder and reserves the right to reject any bids deemed inappropriate. Internet bids come in simultaneously across multiple platforms within fractions of a second, and often the hammer falls before a bid can be acknowledged. We recommend to not hesitate when bidding.
- In bidding on any Lot offered, the bidder indicates acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Title of each Lot passes at the fall of the Auctioneers “hammer” or when the Auctioneer says, “Sold”. The bidder is responsible for knowing which item(s) they are bidding. If unsure, the bidder should inquire, not bid. When becoming the winning bidder at auction, you have affected a contract and will be expected to pay for items in which you were evidenced to be the successful bidder. After the items is sold, any loss of fire, theft, breakage, or any other cause is the sole responsibility of the purchaser.
Buyer agrees to pay Northgate Gallery, Inc. a 20% Buyer’s Premium added to the hammer price on successful winning bids. A 5% discount will be applied on approved absentee bids or phone bids placed directly with Northgate Gallery, Inc. Please call 423-877-6114 for more information.
All purchases are subject to sales tax as stipulated by the State of Tennessee unless a valid tax-exempt certificate is supplied to the auction house.
PAYMENT AND PAYMENT METHODS
Invoices will be emailed within three (3) business days following the auction. It is the responsibility of the buyer to remit payment and remove their merchandise per of the terms of this agreement.
- NO REFUNDS WILL BE OFFERED - ALL SALES ARE FINAL
- Full payment of invoice and removal of goods is required within 10 business days of the first invoice being sent
- Northgate Gallery, Inc. accepts cash, direct wire transfer, and valid credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover)
- Northgate Gallery, Inc. reserves the right to demand payment via secured fund for all NEW and/or INTERNATIONAL buyers.
- Jewelry Sales - Must be paid for by cash or direct wire transfer
Northgate Gallery, Inc. does not offer in-house shipping. In all cases, it is the sole responsibility of the buyer to remove the merchandise per the terms of this agreement. Northgate Gallery, Inc. strongly suggests obtaining a shipping estimate prior to bidding. A list of recommended shippers can be found on our website at www.northgateauctions.com and we can help coordinate with any of the listed carriers if you run into communications issues. Your agreement to complete the purchase of any items you bid on is a binding contract even if shipping costs exceed your expectations. Purchaser agrees that packing and shipping is done at the purchaser’s risk and that the purchaser will pay for all packing expenses, materials, carrier fees and insurance charges. Northgate Gallery, Inc. will have no liability for any loss or damage to shipped items. Failure to remove merchandise within 20 business days following the auction will be subject to storage fees of $10.00 per Lot, per day.
*Northgate Gallery, Inc. requires written authorization from the buyer in order to release any item to a third party
Available Monday thru Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST/EDT by APPOINTMENT ONLY. Please call 423-877-6114 to verify local pick-up will be available when needed. If you have a larger item, it is recommend to bring additional persons to help in the loading process. Failure to remove merchandise within 20 business days following the auction will be subject to storage fees of $10.00 per Lot, per day.
- Please note that Lots containing ivory or any other plant or animal material may be subject to regulations imposed by the Endangered Species Act and the United States Fish and Wildlife Department as well as other restrictions under Federal, State, and/or Local Law. Bidders should check all applicable government wildlife restrictions on the purchase, possession or sale of
- For additional information regarding these Terms and Conditions, or any other matter relevant to this auction, please contact us: Northgate Gallery, Inc., 5520 Highway 153, Hixson, TN 37343, 423-877-6114, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone inquiries may be made Monday-Friday between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Eastern Time.